Wednesday, June 2, 2010

vinyl daze

Hauls are hard to come by these days with far too many vinyl junkies in the fray,many there for profit alone.....
But, now and then I get find the gems (well in my mind anyway)
Rosebank fleamarket on Sunday got me two Sensational Alex Harvey Band albums, SAHB Stories and Next (an album I've bought twice before but had snatched from me by misfortune). 'Next' has the legendary 'The Faith Healer' and one of my favourite covers of Brel's 'Next'.
Today I did the Melville rummage and scored the rest, Jethro Tull's A 'Passion Play' - my favourite Tull album- I loved the eclecticism of it whilst everyone else was chugging along to 'Locomotive Breath'; Traffic's  'A Low Spark of High Heeled Boys' never a Traffic fan as such I've always liked the quirky album cover shape ..and the title..and I'm appreciating the music much more these days....; also here is Hot Legs, the precursor to 10cc, this album 'Thinks, School Stinks' has the single Neanderthal Man that later pressings didn't include...; Beatles 'White Album' the album I grew up with basically, I have it already, but this copy still has the original photographic prints and poster!!!
As I was leaving the shop I noticed a pile of classical under the counter and found the Satie double and the Schostakowitsch - my favourite classical composer..so I grabbed those quick like...

A good ending to day started down right rotten by some twit wrecking the Enfield Electra first thing this morning...

Posted via email from manikmoon's posterous

No comments: