Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cars

Years ago, when I lived out West, Johannesburg central was the 'big-night-out'. Years ago,the roadhouse was the pit-stop. There was two iconic roadhouses on the Krugersdorp/Joburg Ontdekkers night drive, Wagonwheels in Horizon and the Americano on the Delaray/Newlands border. Both (as most roadhouses are) gone now, though the premises (and signage) of the Americano still exists - its now a car dealer, and perhaps, in memory of its previous status, it stocks classic cars.
I must apologise, It occurred to me to pack my camera but thought 'Naaah, I'm on my way to collect my bike, ...' so I've only cellie pics. I must make take another trip there with a proper camera, methinks!



Studebaker Hawk - droolworthy indeed!





















A bloody great big black Ford:







Two more Fords- Fairlaine 500s - niiiiice

















A gem of a '39 Chevy, rodded in authentic mat black stealth-style, I want this one!






















A beautiful '68 Jaguar, straight out of some classic British copper tv series...




Out in the yard were a few 'need-a-little-work' models:



I love old cars, I don't think there's much on the road these days that matches the styling, anything post '75 is some generic computer streamlined carbon copy of something else...

No comments: