Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday kick back or at least , try to.

The one thing I just can't seem to regulate, now I'm freelancing again, is the balance between work/play/relaxation.

The one reason I gave up the day job was the hours spent doing buggerall and dwelling on the fact that I could be doing something- anything. Now I have the opportunity, I do just that - except, it rolls over into the time I usually spent out-of-work. It's winding me down and wearing me out. Whether I'm designing something (a mug, a badge, a showstand),

here's a mug I baked earlier

manipulating an image (for a tile order or such), drawing another page of the script I'm working on - sketch/ink/colour/letter/repeat, silkscreening or just doing domestic stuff like cleaning/decorating, I cannot seem to get myself to relax - if there is something, anything that needs to be done/fixed/sorted...phew!

Toofy Thaibo

This wee bugger has the right idea, mooches over to the desk and lies all over the place. This is Thaibo (or Tai-bo - never quite got the right one). I should take a few tips from his lordship.

I've cleaned out the jacuzzi and I'm filling it, I'll force myself to sit in it with a beer,  the heater doesn't work (needs fixing....) so the solar geyser comes nicely to the fore! Dammit, I just realised that the bubble thing won't bubble because the damn prepaid meter the council installed does not work and the jacuzzi is on that circuit...perhaps if I run a cable/splice this to that...




No comments: